Saturday 12 March 2016

Blog marathon March 2016: post 4

An unusual not so lazy Friday

Having slept very well (around 10 hours) the previous night, this Friday started off to my surprise with me being full of energy and keen on going to the office. (Which is not the case normally on other Fridays) In office I had a usual whole new list of to do tasks for myself to be done before the EoD. Had it been for another Friday I am sure I would have carried on those tasks for the coming Monday. Strangely I kick started the work early and started scratching out the tasks one after another. 
After doing so much of hard work on a Friday morning I surely earned a break. Strangely one such break literally came up walking to my desk in the form of DHOKLAS: Homemade garmagaram dhoklas with yummy chatni!
It happened so that one of my office friend on a huge public demand got us all a huge dabba full of dhoklas and fresh mint coriander chatni to die for! We all waited till everybody who was interested in having dhokla gathered and then opened the dabba, pounced on it and finished all its possible traces! Although I am not that die hard fan of this dish, I ended up loving it more than anything else! All thanks to its homely touch and all the expertise put in to make it so delicious! Thanks aunty! Awaiting the next round of dhoklas eagerly :)
It was as if that with dhoklas, it kick started our food spree for the day: The next delicacies that followed were Paddus (Appe), Fruit bowl, Maggie, Namkeen plus our normal lunch! All this in just the first half of the day!
Having hogged so much needless to say I was damn sleepy and unwilling to work (something very common for all the Fridays: As we put it: 'I am in Friday mood dude!'). Somehow this telepathy was conveyed to my trainer sitting across the ocean in Germany who happened to ping me at 3 saying "Its Friday Shreya. Let's continue with the KT (knowledge transfer) on Monday" As I wanted nothing different I humbly obliged. :) 

I had good 2 hours till I left office. So with some more friends we all gathered in a training room and started chitchatting, listening music, dancing and what not. Soon the clock ticked 4 and we all rushed to the game room and had 3 amazing games of carom! By the time these games were done I got a call from my other set of friends for tea. This tea break was to be clubbed with a farewell to one of our friends' who would be flying to Germany soon and had her last working day here. The tea party followed by photos and farewell goodbyes went on till 5! That's exactly when I realised its time for me to rush to the bus stand!
Yes, I was supposed travel to my Aunt's place who stays practically in the other part of Bangalore and travelling there is equivalent to travelling to Pune from Mumbai (runtime 2.5 to 3 hours) This travel included all the means of commutation: Volvo via nice road (That road the nicest thing in Bangalore) followed by a cab to nearest metro station, the the much awaited metro ride, a bus and a share auto! Whoa! That's how I managed to reach her place at 8 sharp!
After so many travelling stunts and an eventful day we had a simple but yummy dinner and I did not even realise when I felt asleep! 
So wasn't this an unusually eventful Friday!?! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment