Wednesday 9 December 2015

Dec 2015 marathon Blog Post 4: Our journey through the heart-stirring Neuschwanstein Castle and the heavenly Austrian beauties!

Our journey through the heart-stirring Neuschwanstein Castle and the heavenly Austrian beauties!


After travelling and trekking to almost all the big and small, famous and remote, but beautiful places in Germany, it was now time to explore the SOUND OF MUSIC CITY Salzburg and the capital city of Austria, Vienna (Wien auf Deutsch).

 

This trip was slotted to be the last long planned trip of our four month stay in Germany. It was in the third week of  summery July. Summer being the peak season for tourism in Europe, we had researched everything thoroughly and planned our trip way back in mid May. For me the trip was all the way more special because my mom was also planning to visit me that time. Although her itinerary and visa was yet to get processed and we did not know that time if things would fall in place and if she would be able to come, with all hopes and keeping fingers crossed I made her Austria bookings also along with us! It was indeed a great risk monetarily, but at the end it was worth it! All hardships paid!

 

So having covered the important chunks and heritage cities like Heidelberg, Black forest of Baden-Württemberg and Rhine falls in a week long trip back in mid June, it was time to cover Bayern and club it with the Austrian trip. A meticulous planning of all the railways, roadways, ticket fare, hostel bookings, check-in, check-out timings, tourist places considering everybody's taste and much more was done by all of us by evenly distributing the tasks. Bravo to our co-ordination and planning, things went really smooth. Now when I flash back, I feel so proud of ourselves. This was the first time we all were visiting Germany, for that matter our first long stay away from homes, wherein we had to manage everything from scratch by ourselves! And we did it so well! Wow! 

 

So tickets were booked, hotels and hostel rooms were reserved, expenses were calculated, bags were packed, mom had arrived and we all were set for a week long Munich, Neuschwanstein, Salzburg, Vienna trip.

 

The mercury had raised to as high as 41 degrees (Europe's highest recorded Summer in past few years) as we were in Vienna, but still it did not stop us from following our plan and exploring the beautiful cities!

 

Munich, not just another city, had all the charm and aura a big city has, but still had that artistic historic touch which made it stand out from other big German cities, and also not to miss the Hofbraeuhaus  (Main Brewery for the beer lovers!). 

 

Words fall short to express the beauty and the charm of Neuschwanstein. A personal visit there is a must to actually experience it with your eyes! A small bit of information that I would like to add here is: this visit was peculiarly special for me. The reason is very silly and childish though! Back in last November when I bought my new phone Nexus 5, the very first wallpaper I had was of Neuschwanstein and I used to keep ogling at that beauty like mad, secretly wishing to capture a snap myself. Whoa! Who knew that time that within next six months my wish would come true :) Life and its miracles! The moment I captured the photo myself on my same phone, I was beyond limit overwhelmed, it was happiness of a kind! *_*

 

Yeah! The perfect click!

The lake below the castle! Paradise!

 

 

I, Me and the castle :P

 

 Followed by Neuschwanstein, we proceeded to the birthplace of Mozart and the SOUND OF MUSIC, the legendry movie !!!

 

                                                     Do Re Me do Re Me

                                                      Do Re Me Fa So La Ti

 

Salzburg! Paradise!

 

Little did we know it was so mesmerizing! The lakes, the greenery are all way beyond realism! How can a place be so serene, so beautiful!

 

Serene!

With a heavy heart, almost unwilling to step out of this paradise, we set out for our last halt Wien (Vienna). We stayed there at one of my aunt's place. She was so loving and caring! Her warmth made our tour all the more special! The city is architecturally so rich, I wonder how it has been maintained and restored after the wars! Hats off! Every single building there is carved. As you walk through the city,  you are bound to be awestruck!

 

With loads of memories, we headed back home. We headed back to OUR Goettingen, which was to be our home for another 5 days that's it!

 

Wonder how easily we get attached to few places, even though we are there only for a short while! I have indeed left a piece of my heart back there in Goettingen, my home (even though it was mine only for four months)!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment